View Single Post
Old 29th November 2021, 01:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

CHALLENGE THE DEVIL ( 1963 )
I’m not quite sure what I’ve watched here.
What starts off as a sort of crime drama, then some musical numbers, then a ‘story’ about some juveniles entering a castle where a white haired Christopher Lee is mourning the loss of his wife. I think.
According to the extras, Lee spent 8 days shooting this obscure Italian film. I don’t know what he was doing for the other 7 and a half days, but his brief scenes here look like the were filmed in an afternoon. Lee giving a brief speech, Lee looking mournful, Lee with his head in his hands etc.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to see such an obscure film starring the great man himself, but it’s obscure for a reason. It’s terrible.

SILENT ACTION. ( 1975 )
Thomas Milan is one of the stars of this Italian crime drama, concerning suspicious suicides of several high ranking military officers and the quest to find the truth.
Sergio Martino is one of my favourite directors and he brings a fast moving and entertaining tale by way of the usual car chases, bloody murders and corrupt cops.
This Blu Ray from Fractured Visions has a neat alternate Italian cover beneath the slipcase and the disc itself has a load of extras, including a booklet.
I believe they’ve got an Umberto Lenzi title coming up next. A label to keep an eye on methinks.