View Single Post
Old 25th January 2022, 07:54 PM
Cult Master

'Snapshot' (1979) - Blu-ray, CD and collectors booklet pre-order available from Umbrella Entertainment direct - Aus$34.95

Release date: March 9

"Snapshot (1979) is volume #11 in our Ozploitation Classics collection. This release includes limited O-ring packaging, special features, artwork – including a limited Ozploitation Sampler CD and Snapshot Collectors Booklet.

The click of a fashion photographer’s camera started her on a career that led to terror and death! A young, impressionable trainee hairdresser, Angela (Sigrid Thornton), becomes a media sensation after posing topless for an advertising campaign. Thrust into the high stakes world of glamour and fame, Angela discovers that she is being stalked by a mysterious psychopath – in a Mr. Whippy van!

Could the unseen psycho be the seductive lesbian super model (Chantel Contouri), the kinky photographer (Hugh Keays-Byrne), the lecherous film producer (Robert Bruning) or Angela’s devoted - but unstable - boyfriend (Vincent Gill). All will be revealed in this taut and titillating thriller from Ozploitation A-team producer Antony I. Ginnane (Patrick), director Simon Wincer (Harlequin), screenwriter Everett De Roche (Long Weekend) and cinematographer Vincent Monton (Roadgames)."

Special features:
  • Antony I. Ginnane Ozploitation Sampler CD
  • Original Glass Doll 12 page booklet
  • 2018 audio commentary with producer Antony I. Ginnane moderated by film critic Jaimie Leonarder
  • 2017 audio commentary with Sigrid Thornton, Simon Wincer, Antony I. Ginnane and Vincent Monton moderated by filmmaker Mark Hartley
  • 2013 audio commentary with producer Antony I. Ginnane moderated by horror hostess Katarina Leigh Walters
  • Extended interviews from NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD with Sigrid Thornton, Simon Wincer, Antony I. Ginnane, Everett De Roche, Vincent Monton, Tom Burstall and Lynda Stoner
  • "Producing Snapshot" – interview featurette
  • 100 minute original edit (taken from a VHS source)
  • Antony I. Ginnane trailer reel
  • Stills and poster gallery with audio interview with stuntman Grant Page
  • TV spots
  • US Alt Credit Sequence

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty