Thread: Poliziotteschi
View Single Post
Old 6th February 2022, 04:46 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Violent Professionals aka Milano trema: la polizia vuole giustizia - Translated as Milan Trembles:The Police Want Justice (1973)

A classic Poliziotteschi in which disgraced cop Luc Merenda goes undercover deep inside Richard Conte's mob as a getaway driver so he can infiltrate and get revenge for the death of a close friend and colleague.

Merenda is on typically good form as is Conte in Sergio Martino's fast paced thriller. The title confuses as both undercover cop and mob thugs are as violent as each other as everyone from the police, villains, kids and pregnant women get wasted in a hail of bullets along the way.

What really stood out for me were the magnificent car chases. The direction and camera work is spot on, properly in and around the action. It's beautifully constructed, not messy cameras that shoot anything except the cars Paul Greengrass style, but classic Bullitt and French Connection brilliance.

Oh and i mustn't forget the soundtrack from Guido and Maurizio De Angelis. Groovy is certainly the best word to describe it.

Oozing with thrills and suspense, twists and turns, i really enjoyed The Violent Professionals.

88 Films Blu-ray is a nice package with a colourful informative 40 page book and double sided poster on quality paper all nestled in a lovely hard case. The outdoor scenes look lovely in 2K.