View Single Post
Old 7th March 2022, 09:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

At SummerSlam 1989 Rugged Ronnie Garvin was announced as special ring announcer for the match between Hercules and Greg The Hammer Valentine.

Both Garvin and Valentine had been in a feud at the time, Garvin had been (kayfabe) suspended as a wrestler and been fired from being a referee. in his introduction for Greg Valentine, Garvin said after introducing Hercules.

"His so-called opponent, being led to the ring by that little pip squeak, poor excuse of a manager, a big mouth from the south, Jimmy Hart". "Here is a man who says he is from Seattle, Washington". " He claims weighs 249 lbs, to me he looks like he is overweight by 30lbs". "This individual who can't think for himself, and he goes to his wimpy manager for advice, little Jimmy can't give him any". " He is only wrestler I have seen with two left feet, wear a robe with cheap rime stones, can't tell whether he is coming or going". "Made the biggest mistake of his life by asking for me to be reinstated, Greg The Hammer Valentine".

Both Hercules and Howard Finkel did try not to break character and laugh but Hercules did laugh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a6f5105058dafd070458322d81e26b6b.jpg (23.6 KB, 18 views)