View Single Post
Old 25th April 2022, 10:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Boomtown: Season 1

2002 show starring Donnie Wahlberg and Mykelti Williamson (A Actor I quite like) set in Los Angeles, this is a Crime Series which tells the story from multiple perspectives of the characters (Think Vantage Point) whether it's Policeman, Detectives, News Reporter, Paramedic and witnesses.

It is really cleverly done as bits of information is passed on before we see it (Like Easter Eggs) but it's not complicated nor confusing.

I know it's a cliché but this was a show ahead of it's time and worse shows stayed on. Apparently it got poor ratings even though it got rave reviews and got switched nights.

A second season only lasted 6 episodes before being cancelled (It deserved better) and to had insult they changed the format and had the Paramedic join The Police Academy.

I also read that they were instructed not to do episodes similar to the one where they explained Fearless's back story.

Luckily I have the Box Set on DVD and still really enjoyed it. Both Seasons look like they are on You Tube, which kinda tells me that the rights holder do not care, which is a real shame as I really enjoyed it.

Can't remember Season 2 much, probably re-visit sometime.