View Single Post
Old 25th April 2022, 10:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)

Sorry but this mess is as far away from the first couple of Die Hard films as you can get.

Yes there are a couple of excellent action set pieces during the films first half but as it approaches the finale it becomes ever more tedious with cretinous dialogue, if you can call it that, of single word exclamations such as "F*ck", "Shit", "John" and "Jack". Whilst the villains are so unmemorable and poorly written they make you long for Die Hard 4's Timothy Olyphant, never mind the classic villains of the first three films.

Bruce Willis simply goes through the motions and co-star Jai Courtney has no motions to go through.

That was my third watch of A Good Day to Die Hard and it really doesn't get any better.
Despite it's flaws I like A Good Day To Die Hard. No it's not really a Die Hard film but I don't think there has actually been one since Die Hard. Films such as Under Siege have come closer in spirit. It is a bit ludicrous but I think treated as a standalone film it's entertaining nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk