View Single Post
Old 21st May 2022, 10:24 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I made a heinous mistake last night. I decided, against my better judgment, to try and watch Halloween Kills.
Holy f*****g s**t. "Terrible" does not even begin to cover it. 2018 was bad, but this is somehow even worse. Boring, stupid, with zero characters to speak of, and just constantly banging the nostalgia drum with nothing new to offer.
Oh look, little Tommy Doyle is back (for some reason). He was in Halloween 6 too. Oh look, the Nurse from the original film is back (for some reason). She was in II and H20 too. In shock of shocks, Michael kills her. Oh wait, he did that already in H20.
I tried, I really did. But there is nothing in these movies that the original series did not already do, and in most cases did better in those "terrible sequels" we're all supposed to be happy to throw away to get these new ones. Except most of those sequels were actually pretty good, and certainly infinitely better than these godawful messes. We even get a godawful CGI Donald Pleasance at the start of this one. Or you could, you know, just watch the real guy in the real Halloween II instead. Or IV. Or V. All of which are better than this piece of utter crap.
We sing from the same hymn sheet.

Halloween 2018 made such a great deal of being the one true sequel to Carpenter's film then ripped off every one of the films it pretended didn't exist for it's set pieces. It was like a shitty pop quiz placing each set piece to the relevant sequel.

Fair enough, dismiss the sequels but don't rip them off you talentless idiots without an original idea in your heads.

An absolute joke of a film. There's not a chance in hell i'll watch Halloween Kills. I'd prefer a Fifty Shades of Grey marathon (Not seen those by the way) to watching Halloween Kills.

And breathe!