View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Death Ring

With a DVD cover where the list of stars is truthful and misleading (Quite a feat) sees (Mike) Norris abducted along with his fiancé by a millionaire and hunted by other people on an island. (Chad) McQueen is his friend who helps rescue him and (Don) Swayze is someone who survived a earlier hunt.

I believe that this got released before Hard Target and I've always enjoyed watching this one. It's simple and doesn't get fancy (And it doesn't need to be any other way) Definitely a Film to watch if you are into good B-Movie Action Films.

The only gripe I have is with the title, makes it seems a Fight Film but it's explained in the Film.

Green Mile

Set in the 1930's, Tom Hanks is the head of Death Row and befriends an inmate who has supernatural healing powers. When you see what the Film is about, yoU do think OK, seems a bit weird but it does work out rather well. It's powerful stuff especially with the Execution scenes. There are some great performances From Hanks, Michael Clarke Duncan, David Morse and Doug Hutchinson (A smarmy sadist) At 3 hours long, it does drag a bit but scenes can be forward on.

Whilst not a plot hole but a bit of a peeve of mine regarding this Film is they know what Percy is like but they let him run an Execution without keeping a close eye on him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dr.jpg (11.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg gm.jpg (13.8 KB, 4 views)