View Single Post
Old 11th June 2022, 11:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Creepshow 2. 1987.

3 anthology tales based on the stories by Stephen King and George A. Romero.

In a small dead Arizona town, Hardware store owners Ray and Martha who have a statue of a Indian war chief, are robbed and killed. The Indian chief comes to life for revenge.

4 teens drive out to the middle of nowhere to a lake that has a raft with the intent of smoking weed and getting laid, unaware of what's in the water.

Adulteress is running late from leaving her lover to pick her husband up and accidentally kills a hitch-hiker. She leaves the accident which comes back to haunt her.

With a different director at the helm, Michael Gornick does try his best even inserting a short piece with a boy called Billy from the start and the creep who was performed by Tom Savini and voiced by Joe Silver does add a bit of The Crypt Keeper touch to it.

George Kennedy and Dorothy Lamour play the elderly couple who meet a grim end, the statue coming to live was done decently and slowly with a eerie background score that adds some dark tone to the film. We basically want the robbers to meet a grim death and we do get it without any disappointment.

The car that Deke drives in the second one, what car was that as it has some battery in it that doesn't run out, in the morning the radio still plays. These are your typical teens that have one thing on their mind...getting high and not caring about their surroundings, the end of this one was almost a near swear word when I first saw it and that was from my dad

Lois Chiles plays the cheating wife and is tormented by the hiker who comes back to haunt her, every time he appears his face decays away, nice touch by the make-up team, and a small cameo by Stephen King himself. This one I have always enjoyed even though it's only 3 stories but they are all good steady enough paced.

71SWxa906nL._AC_SY606_.jpg

If anyone is wondering if I will be watching the third installment...oh hell no