View Single Post
Old 25th June 2022, 02:52 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Zone Troopers (1985)

A cracking war, sci-fi epic from Charles Band starring Tim Thomerson, an actor who lights up any low budget production and turns it into a sparkling gem, as the grizzled sergeant of a platoon (Do four men constitute a platoon?) lost behind enemy lines in Italy 1942 who discover an alien space craft crashed in the woods, it's pilot captured by the SS.

Despite it's meager means Zone Troopers has some great battle sequences as Thomerson and co battle hordes of Nazis. There are some good FX and cool explosions as well. Parts of the film do move at a snails pace but this is to be expected, however the cast of soldiers are all pretty likable and the alien dude is kinda cute in a bug eyed ferret way.

What i did love was the soundtrack of authentic music from the period especially Glenn Miller's In the Mood which i could listen to all day. Although Richard Band's original soundtrack sounds too much like The Imperial March by John Williams each time the Nazis enter the fray.

I'd never seen Zone Troopers before prior to last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Blu-ray from 88 Films has lovely depth to it during the daylight outdoor scenes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (99.1 KB, 3 views)