View Single Post
Old 11th July 2022, 09:07 PM
Cult Master

Nita Strauss leaves Alice Cooper's band after eight years / Planet Rock

"Nita Strauss has announced she is leaving Alice Cooper’s band after eight years.

The esteemed guitarist posted a statement on Instagram saying that Alice Cooper’s show at Törebodafestivalen in Sweden on Saturday night (9th July) was her last with the shock rock legend.

Alongside exiting Alice Cooper’s band, Strauss has cancelled all her upcoming solo shows for the remainder of 2022 while she embarks on her “next adventure.”

Nita Strauss’ full statement reads:
“After this absolutely incredible run in Europe, it is bittersweet for me to let you guys know that I will not be joining the Alice Cooper band for the upcoming fall tour.

“I will also regretfully have to cancel the festival dates my solo band had planned for the rest of the year.

“I AM NOT PREGNANT!!! There is no drama whatsoever and my touring year is still VERY full- in fact, I’m on a flight straight into the next adventure as I post this, and I’ll be on stage again much sooner than you think! But that’s news for another day.

“The past eight years together has been the experience of a lifetime, and I could not be more grateful to Alice and Sheryl Cooper, Shep Gordon, the amazing band, crew and fans for welcoming me to all of your nightmare.

“I don’t know what the future will hold after this, but I am forever thankful."

Nita Strauss joined Alice Cooper’s band in June 2014 following the departure of Orianthi.

Back in 2018, Nita Strauss became the first ever female Ibanez signature guitarist, and she introduced her own guitar, the Ibanez JIVA.

Before joining Alice Cooper’s band, Nita was a member of the Los Angeles based all-female Iron Maiden tribute act The Iron Maidens.

Nita was also recruited as a member of hard rock outfit Femme Fatale in 2013 when vocalist Lorraine Lewis reformed the band after a 23-year break.

One of Nita’s ancestors on her father’s side of the family is Austrian composer Johann Strauss II.

Nita told Rolling Stone in 2015: "What's funny about that is people always think I'm using a classical-sounding stage name, like Sebastian Bach. But no, it's real."

The 35-year-old rocker performed six UK arena shows with Alice Cooper back in May and June on his co-headline tour with The Cult."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty