View Single Post
Old 9th August 2022, 10:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Man From Hong Kong (1975, Brian Trenchard-Smith)

Some fun here. An HK cop is sent down under to extradite a scumbag. Whilst he's there, he keeps his hand in somewhat
Even saddled with "minders" including Hugh Keays-Byrne, he manages to kick and punch the baddies a lot.
Then tis revealed that the Lazenby is the kingpin here, so it moves into overdrive. A hoot.

Savage Harbour (1987, Carl Monson)

Frank Stallone and Chris Mitchum?? Yes please.
Our pair are sailors home from the sea, first port of call is the local sleazepit bar where they are greeted like returning heroes
The film wastes no time in letting us know that FS is rugged and manly, so when he saves a damsel in distress, love isn't far away (cue celestial choir )
An odd one. It looks like a film (properly edited, decent sound etc), but it makes less sense that Dangerous Men really .
The antagonists are a cliched bunch (giggling psycho, sleazy pimp etc) and are slightly underused. FS seems to have a glass spine as he always gets his arse handed to him until events take a sour turn.

Prey (2022, Dan Trachtenberg)

A film that I enjoyed in parts even if the design of you-know-what did leave me scratching my head ahem. Lovely scenery for all that.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]