Thread: Bela Lugosi
View Single Post
Old 25th August 2022, 09:08 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

s-l500.jpg

Baron Wolf von Frankenstein son of the late Dr Frankenstein returns to his ancestral home with his wife and son Peter. Once the local villagers catch wind of his return they are horrified still haunted by the memory of Frankenstein's monster and the horrible things that happened the family gets a less than friendly greeting. While exploring his new home the Baron meets his father's old assistant Ygor hiding in the shadows but not only is Ygor hiding himself but he is also hiding his father's creation who is in a sort of coma after getting struck by lightning while out "hunting" for Ygor. Ygor begs the Baron to make the monster well again to Ygor the monster is more than an experiment he is his best friend. The Baron is convinced he can right the wrongs that his father made and make the name Frankenstein revered within the scientific community. But once the monster is up and about Ygor will stop at nothing to keep is friend safe.

Son of Frankenstein is an absolutely beautiful film every scene is a treat for the eyes the lighting the shadows the sets the fog rolling through the village all bumps up the atmosphere to the max. The acting from everyone is is top notch even the kid which i seldom ever say if you can get over how piercing his voice is at the start that is but he delivers his lines like someone with a lot more experience than someone of his young age.

Surprisingly enough in a thread about good old Bela he dose steal the show for me he is fantastic so menacing and such a smartarse tormenting and mocking the very people who hanged him or anyone else tries to belittle him. Bela puts everything into this role considering he wouldn't have been billed as the main attraction but nonetheless he was determined to make people remember his performance. One of my absolute favourite characters and performances he did.