View Single Post
Old 29th August 2022, 09:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

How do you rate a film like this? A film that in no way could ever be as good or groundbreaking as the first two films in the series - The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Realistically you can't because in no way does it compare to either. In fact it's not as good as the underrated Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, however it does come out favorably compared to the two later movies - 2009's Salvation and 2015's Genisys. Thankfully what Dark Fate does do right is ignore anything that happened after T2 and is happily a sequel to that 1991 classic.

In it's own right this is a more than decent action film with one hell of an earlythrill ride of a set piece that begins in a factory and ends with lots of highway carnage. The film never really gets better than this but the introduction of Arnie's now happily married Terminator (Don't ask) takes the film up a notch. Pity this only happens an hour into the film.

There are plenty of issues with Terminator Dark Fate. Scripting issues that i'm sure are basically woke agenda driven, but i could ignore those while watching the action because it is on the whole very good....

...Until i start thinking about those issues all over again that is.

The Blu-ray looks and sounds amazing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0-0-IvAHH5jr6GWDRM.jpg (96.3 KB, 4 views)