View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:10 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
KN is pretty incredible although he'd be the first to admit that he's not always right. If you read the footnotes to the most up to date edition of Nightmare Movies he admits in a few places that he didn't always get it right in the first edition.

His ability to cross-reference themes and connections with other movies is mind boggling and he can do it without any preparation. In a round robin discussion for Video Watchdog one of the contributors even said words to the effect 'you know Kim, you're the only person who would spot that'

Speaking of VW, Tim Lucas credits KN as basically being the Deputy Editor of the magazine while he was writing his Bava Book.

And on a personal note KN found the time to answer a couple of emails that helped me out with my Diploma dissertation.

Great guy!
He's like a modern Isaac Asimov, but for movies: incredibly prolific and entertaining, with a seemingly inexhaustible supply of great stories.

And now I miss VW. I still have a few issues, and way back when they were so very hard to come by over here (Portugal). I still treasure the dozen or so that I own. Damn, now I'm nostalgic: VW, Starlog, Cinefantastique, Fangoria! <sigh>