View Single Post
Old 26th September 2022, 07:39 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
SATURDAY 15 OCTOBER
4.45PM: Short Film Showcase
Dirs. Various (International) 120m [Partly Subtitled]
The films that are going to be included in the short film showcase have been announced:

This year's line-up includes the following films (in alphabetical order):

A NEW DAY (UK Premiere) //Dir.Nate Southard, US, 3m44

"At Horizon Research Systems, we pride ourselves on helping you achieve the life of your dreams - the life you deserve. Also, we may owe you a few apologies..."

EVERYBODY GOES TO THE HOSPITAL (UK Premiere) //Dir.Tiffany Kimmel, US, 9m02

Based on a true story, Everybody Goes to the Hospital is a stop-motion animated exploration of physical, psychological, and familial trauma, telling the tale of 4-year-old Little Mata (writer/director Tiffany Kimmel's mother) as she's taken to the hospital in late 1963 with appendicitis.

FACE NOT RECOGNISED //Dir.Also Sisters, Spain, 8m54

Alone in the wilderness, a woman must find a way to survive after discovering that her head has been encased in cement.

HORSE BROTHERS //Dir.Milos Mitrovic & Fabian Velasco, Canada, 8m

Two brothers living on a farm sell old broken iPads, iPhones, and laptops to make ends meet. After one of the horses on the ranch convinces the older brother that the younger one is pinching a portion of the profits, the brother is left with no choice but to kill him and run off with the horse.

THE LIGHT //Dir.Iago de Soto, Spain, 12m52

19th century. In a small coastal village, Olalla and her family prepare for the night of “The Truce”. There is only one rule: no lights should stay on tonight. Olalla, unlike her parents, does not believe in superstitions. And she doesn’t think They are coming either…

RINGWORMS //Dir.Will Lee, US, 13m45

After discovering her boyfriend’s plan to propose on their weekend vacation, a young girl undergoes a crisis of commitment which attracts the attention of a sinister cult.

SHARK //Dir.Nash Edgerton, Australia, 14m07

Follows the continuing adventures of Jack, who loves to prank. But in his latest relationship, he may have finally met his match.

SHINY NEW WORLD //Dir.Jan van Gorkum, Netherlands, 8m43

Fifty-year-old Barry is a special kind of cleaner: he cleans crime scenes where demons have wreaked havoc. While making a corporate film about his work, a normal working day for Barry gets out of hand in a bloody way.

SLEEP (UK Premiere) //Dir.Alexandra Pechmann, US, 3m45

"Wake up! I heard something. I think someone's here." A woman struggles with her lifelong fear of home invasion, in this three-and-a-half minute horror film told in a single shot.

SMILE //Dir.Joanna Tsanis, Canada, 6m37

When a young woman struggles to smile, her depression becomes something truly monstrous.

STABILIZATION FAILED (World Premiere) //Dir.Ray Wong, UK, 0m55

When you look deep into the digital abyss what stares back at you?

THE TENANT //Dir.Lucas Paulino & Angel Torres, Spain, 9m46

Mia wakes up one morning with a strange pain in her leg. Little by little the limp gets worse, until someone warns her that the pain is not what it seems. Either she casts a spell that very night or her life will never be the same again.

WHILE MORTALS SLEEP//Dir.Alex Fofonoff, US, 14m10

When a cold case novelist's career implodes, she seeks refuge in her friend's remote vacation home. Upon arrival, she encounters a strange couple who claim to be the caretakers. As tensions build, a dark secret begins to emerge.

[A few months ago, I actually applied for a job as a planner for the short film part of the festival. I didn't get the job, but if I continue to promote the whole festival on the forum, maybe I'll be lucky next year...]

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty