View Single Post
Old 28th September 2022, 02:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I saw both Sphere and Soldier at the cinema. Would love a nice UK Blu of Soldier. As you say it's very underrated. I hope Russell wasn't paid by the word.

Sphere is a film i think i should like more than i do. I seem to recall enjoying the novel by Michael Crichton, but the film like you say seems to lose itself totally in it's final third.
Soldier got a cinema release in the UK?

I like this one too. My mother is a big Kurt Russell fan, and rented it day one. She let me watch it too. At 11/12 years old, I thought it was brilliant. Time has dampened that enthusiasm, but I still get a kick out of it.

I would love to see the film Paul W.S. Anderson had envisioned. The original massive sets in the desert were destroyed in a storm. The studio panicked after the lacklustre reception to Event Horizon, and forced Anderson to shoot the film in studio backlots. And while the film looks pretty good in the interior scenes, the deserted planet is surprisingly cramped looking. Anderson even hired children and midgets to play armoured soldiers, so that the sets and props would look bigger.