View Single Post
Old 17th October 2022, 10:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Sinister. 2012.

Crime novelist Ellison Oswalt moves to a new house with his family and finds a box of super 8 movie reels and begins to watch them and starts to research on murders that happened in 60s.

Found footage film within another film, idea like this would never work for me but this one did, on the first watch I found it interesting that Ethan Hawke would be in a horror after his other work of drama, action and Sci-Fi but his performance was enjoyable as a novelist who seems to be hated by law enforcement after a book was released about corruption and cover up.

Last night was a second viewing and more enjoyable and noticing more on the second viewing that I almost jumped out my seat. Yeah it is about a serial killer targeting families but also has a darker tone towards the supernatural element and can be distressing for some with the tone of murdered children, nice little chiller to watch in the dark.

Attachment 242677

Up next Feast
Remember watching this during a Print Check, at first, I was just expecting a run of the mill Horror.

But I wasn't expecting what I saw, don't know what creeped me out more, the Home Movies or the Music.