View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2022, 07:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default November 1st / 2nd - The Day of the Dead

Candyman 3: Day of the Dead (1999)

A direct to dvd sequel to Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh (1995) and set 25 years on where Donna D'Errico (The daughter from the second film) summons the Candyman (A returning Tony Todd) who begins a hook slashing killing spree in Los Angeles during their Day of the Dead celebrations. Meanwhile a local cop (Wade Williams) tries to pin the murders on D'Errico.

Most people don't seem to like this third entry in the series whereas i really don't mind it. D'Errico is okay, not brilliant, just okay whilst Todd is his usual silky voiced self. The gore is certainly upped here with some juicy bloodletting throughout and more back story on Todd's Daniel Robitaille.

Candyman 3: Day of the Dead isn't essential Candyman viewing by any means but i always enjoy it and the new Vestron Blu-ray looks pretty decent for a direct to dvd film.

Watchimg this last night as November 1st turned into November 2nd it struck me that despite taking place in the build up to All Souls Day and the Mexican Day of the Dead there's not a Halloween pumpkin or decoration in sight, not one, clearly a f*ck up in production.

And so ends my October Horror Marathon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (88.8 KB, 4 views)