Old 27th November 2022, 12:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Owners. 2020.
I enjoyed this, probably more than I expected. As you say, it does cover familiar territory for a 'home invasion' film, though the ending shows that the storyline and homeowners were unlike any seen in any other from this subgenre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Matilda

2022 British Remake of the Roald Dahl Film in which a gifted Girl who gets her revenge on the Headmistress and Parents. Pam Ferris did Miss Trunchbull better in a Film that has it's differences from the 1996 version but it's too long and the Songs just aren't catchy or memorable.
As the full title is Matilda the Musical (or Roald Dahl's Matilda the Musical), this is principally a film adaptation of the hit musical, rather than a remake of Danny DeVito's film of the same name.

I know they have the same source material, but this took the story from Dennis Kelly's book – he wrote the screenplay – and the songs, by Tim Minchin, are mostly the same as those in the Matilda the Musical stage version.

I've seen DeVito's film several times and it's one I thoroughly enjoy so, because I haven't seen the stage adaptation and think Tim Minchin is a funny and talented songwriter, I'm interested to see this musical version of Dahl's story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Matilda the Musical.jpg (82.2 KB, 3 views)