View Single Post
Old 29th November 2022, 04:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Batman Begins. 2005.

Billionaire Bruce Wayne prepares to take on crime and corruption in Gotham City using a persona of a caped crusader known as "Batman".

Christopher Nolan's take on the DC Comic character and does go back how Wayne took on the persona and why he choose bats as they can be feared, the training he went through to be invisible like a ninja and the clothes, gadgets and the bat mobile. Christian Bale's take on the character is great, i'm still a fan of Micheal Keaton's film but Bale is a lot better than Val Kilmer and George Clooney's take on the character.

Katie Holmes shows she can be tough as the D.A. who likes to try and rattle a few cages, along with Gary Oldman as Sergeant Gordon who rises to Lieutenant and able to pull off being a decent policeman. I didn't think Michael Caine could pull it off as Alfred but he does and able to bring some laughs in. Cillian Murphy plays the Dr Crane/Scarecrow and shows he isn't to be intimidated along with Liam Neeson taking the role of Bruce's mentor and antagonist who has darker plans for Gotham. As the film goes on it does become darker and darker especially towards the end during the riots in "The Narrows" and effects are decently some when people are exposed to the toxin that's released, this took me a couple of watches to actually appreciate the story to it.

s-l300 (1).jpg