View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2023, 01:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
I've been working more or less full time on Michael J Murphy between June and December, so I'm really looking forward to getting seriously stuck into 2023.

And I suspect there'll be a fair amount of stuff that has particular appeal round these parts.

I can't go into any more detail than Powerhouse co-founder Sam Dunn did in a recent Chasing Labels podcast, but he's confirmed that there'll be "lots of" Jean Rollin films, as well as Italian exploitation films and native English-language genre films from the same period, all not only in end-to-end 4K restorations but also released in 4K UHD HDR.

He also confirmed that there'll be more Mexican genre films (the reception of La Llorona and especially Phantom of the Monastery has been pretty overwhelming), including titles that weren't mentioned in the Guardian piece that originally spilled the beans.
Indicator’s releases last year were excellent - particularly loved the emphasis on UK 70s films. I hope there are more to come.

I also love the way they wrong foot people at times with their releases - CORRUPTION, the ADVENTURES films, Michael J Murphy etc.

And now, we have Jean Rollin on the way! With ‘lots’ of titles, I take it we can expect more than just his vampire movies ( much as I love those). Some of his non vampire films are among his best IMO - THE DEMONIACS, THE LIVING DEAD GIRL, NIGHT OF THE HUNTED etc. Some never released on Blu Ray titles would be neat, too.

Here’s hoping for some Rollin boxsets!