View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2023, 09:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I ordered the two Mexican horrors on the first day of the sale. Friday i think it was. By Saturday evening they'd gone from the store.

I'd love to get everything on their release day but the truth is i simply can't afford to. Not when single titles are costing £20 (Looking at you here mainly 88 Films) for nothing more than a cheap slip case. At least Indicator sets are always highest quality with their cases, posters etc. I do cherry pick some titles as first day / week purchases such as Creatures the World Forgot and the Robin Hood at Hammer set.

Have you watched the two Mexi-horrors, Rob?

I saw La Llorona early December and sadly for the most part found it bored me to tears. It kinda put me off watching the second film.

However i watched Phantom of the Monastery last night and absolutely loved it. Thought it was superb. I'm attempting to compose a review for The Gothic Thread later this evening.
Not seen them yet but I'd heard that Phantom was a good film whilst La Llorona was more of 'historical' value. I'm a 1930s horror completist so I had to have them both.

I wish somebody would do a Tod Slaughter boxset on bluray but I don't suppose any decent prints exist?