View Single Post
Old 24th January 2023, 01:27 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'd heard good things about it from family and friends and because the third series was being broadcast, I decided to watch the first series of Happy Valley.

It's a gripping series, very well-written, and one that showcases the acting talents of Sarah Lancashire, Steve Pemberton, Joe Armstrong, James Norton, Siobhan Finneran, George Costigan, and youngster Rhys Connan.

I have seen the first five (six) episodes of The Rig and I'm really enjoying that so far as well.

It's a little like The Thing on an oil rig, but different because it seems the threat is more atmospheric/environmental than parasitic, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has Prime Video.

After finishing that later today, I'll watch the second series of Happy Valley and probably go straight onto the third before I inadvertently stumble across some spoilers for the latest series.

I've also been watching the 14th series of Would I Lie To You?, which seems a little strange compared to current TV because it was filmed a couple of years ago when Covid-19 cases were much higher and social distancing was in force, so the panellists are sitting a few metres apart, audience members and crew are wearing facemasks.

As usual, the blend of unbelievable truths and outrageous lies is a great format, particularly with skilled storytellers who can make absurd fabrications sound plausible and ridiculous true stories appear far-fetched and fallacious.