View Single Post
Old 27th January 2023, 02:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Horror Of Frankenstein. 1970.

I have never been a fan of Frankenstein movies except for Boris Karloff and Young Fronkensteen, but I am a fan of Ralph Bates and this was a bit of a campy edition to the Hammer franchise and loosely remake of the previous Peter Cushing version of the Mary Shelley Novel.

Bates is the young wannabe smart sarcastic medical student who decides to try and re-animate dead tissue to life with a mad concoction of lab equipment with fellow student Graham James as his assistant who we see as Igor. Dennis Price pops up with Joan Rice playing homage to Burke and Hare graverobbing duo. Kate O'Mara pops up and nearly pops out of her dress as the near loyal housekeeper and always nice to see her bend over frontwards. And we got the Green Cross Code man David Prowse as the result of the creation of sewn body parts together monster.

This does have its atmospheric moments, great set designs of the gothic castle and the constructed attic space for the laboratory and grounds for the forest area that gives it the gloomy night look for a good killing ground for the monster. I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

Horror.jpg