View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2023, 03:59 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
It's a good film, but it's very gruelling!

It's one of the few titles on *the list* that I thought was fully deserving of the 'nasty' tag!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I’ve never seen House on the Edge of the Park, I might get it at some point but home invasion isn’t really my favourite kind of horror film to be honest. What do people think of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I think i've watched the region one uncut dvd once in all my years of owning it.

It needs to be seen in fully uncut form (I don't know if this new release is, BBFC and all that) to appreciate it i guess. However as far as Italian home invasion films go i've always preferred Last House on the Beach and Hitch Hike.

I've never rated Hess like many folks do. (I know he's in Hitch Hike but that's a superior piece of film making all round) He's so one dimensional. A nasty piece of work and that's it.
I agree with Susan. It is definitely stronger than I thought it would be, even though I watched the slightly cut Shameless dvd (found the uncut version on Youtube a wee while later). And also agree with Dem, I've never felt like watching it all the way through again. I thought some of Hess' acting was hilarious though (that scream!). The 88 films release is going to be uncut.