Old 9th February 2023, 11:39 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Hellboy II: The Golden Army 2008.

Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Jeffrey Tambor and Doug Jones return for this sequel, no disrespect to Doug who does Abe but not hearing David Hyde Pierce doing the voice is a bit strange and does throw the character off a bit but doesn't stop Abe and Hellboy getting a bit plastered. Luke Gross plays the Prince who wants to control a army and take over the world, the fighting choreography is quite decent in this along with the visual effects. First time actually sitting down and watching this and did enjoy it bit not as I enjoyed the first one, but a re watch will happen.
I prefer this to the first Hellboy film. I don't mind the lack of David Hyde Pierce's voice because Doug Jones is a very good substitute, I love the whole Golden Army design and back story, plus Luke Goss (who, before his appearance in Blade II six years earlier, I only knew as being half of Bros) is excellent as Prince Nuada.

Also, the film looks amazing, has a really good score, and Seth McFarlane's voicing of Johann is perfect.