View Single Post
Old 26th February 2023, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
A significant number of them, The Sea Wolf included would be blind buys.
It's a shame the Premium Collection has come to an end because I really like the layout. Artcards, posters, original artwork. Very nice releases even if most of them never saw anything special in the way of transfers or extras. It's seen the release of a lot of classic cinema in nice but affordable editions.
The Sea Wolf was a blind buy for me too. Thought it was great. I reviewed it back in December. With things such as Premium Collection titles i think you can blind buy if the plot of something about the film appeals to you. The movies in question do all tend to be what you would call 3 star films at minimum, most four or five star.

The only ones i was a bit disappointed with aren't on your list. Two Paul Newman films - Harper and it's sequel The Drowning Pool.

The only ones on your list i haven't seen or don't own either as a Premium Collection title or on dvd are The Golden Child, The Two Jakes, Death Trap and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Of the ones i own / have seen only Dolores Clairborne i thought was poor.

So if it helps i think you can buy any of the others with confidence that you are purchasing a good or maybe outstanding film. It's not like blind buying Arrow slashers we haven't heard of.