View Single Post
Old 8th March 2023, 10:01 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Echoes of Fear (2018)

Following the death of her grandfather, a young woman inherits his house. Deciding to do it up and sell it on she moves into the place. She soon begins to hear strange sounds and movements from the corner of her eye...

I'm not going to say anything else plot wise.

I thought this was a tremendous low budget horror film. It's so much more than a typical modern supernatural piece and it's scary. Proper edge of the seat stuff. It's beautifully made and acted and the sense of dread is palpable from the off. Thankfully the atmosphere is sustained throughout and the many scares on offer aren't the typical crash bang wallop studio style jump scares.

Rather than speedy editing and jump cuts the camera is allowed to quietly explore the house from interesting angles meaning the jumps and chills work very effectively.

Although Echoes of Fear seems to set out on a well worn supernatural path it becomes clear after a while that this is an original suspenseful take on the genre which builds to a climax i didn't see coming, a climax that was very satisfying indeed not to mention really creepy. In fact when you think about what was taking place it's really pretty disturbing stuff.

Last night was my second viewing of Echoes of Fear and i highly recommend it to all who like low budget well crafted horror.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v3_sqs.jpg (69.6 KB, 3 views)