View Single Post
Old 14th March 2023, 12:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda View Post
I have EuroShock's edition of Horror Express and it's exactly the same. This particular one I upgraded with Arrow's edition, and couldn't be happier.

EDIT: I just checked and find that unfortunately I have a couple more of these awful "R-R" Spanish releases that I haven't yet managed to upgrade: The Hellfire Club (1961), Incense for the Damned (1971). A few months ago I upgraded their "Asylum" DVD to Second Sight's edition and it was another revelation... Where did the Spanish get their masters?!

The Hellfire Club is one of those that I keep hoping to get the BR treatment, at least a remaster, not even asking for extras, but so far nothing. Incense for the Damned is from that post-Helen's death when he just accepted any work, and it's not the best film ever made, but I'd like to see a better copy than this. I even have Cushing's costume in my collection, and it was not easy to screen-match it, I tell you.
The Hellfire Club is good fun but not as good as the title might suggest. I have a decent print of it on a double dvd again from Dark Sky along with Blood of the Vampire.