View Single Post
Old 16th March 2023, 07:57 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Haunting of Margam Castle (2020)

A very low budget film with a surprisingly starry cast (Derren Nesbitt, Jane Merrow, Caroline Munro, Garrick Hagon, Judy Matheson) as well as some paranormal investigators - all young actors probably friends of the producer with minimal acting ability but at least they try hard.

The film itself is deeply flawed with a script that's pretty bizarre in places due to incompetent writing and some equally incompetent acting by all except Nesbitt. It's also not in the least bit horrifying (although there were one or two really cool ghostly shots). However there's also a lot i really enjoyed.

Margam Castle (A genuine Victorian mansion in South Wales) is a stunning location - Seriously, every old dark house movie should be filmed there - and the cinematography complements it beautifully with some amazing shots. The score is also excellent. A mixture of known public domain classics beautifully arranged and new music which as an accompaniment to the photography brings a soothing calmness to the ham fistedness of other parts of the film.

It actually has enough about it technically to make it an enjoyable watch even on second viewing and i was never bored.
About 40 minutes away from me.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk