Thread: Subtitles
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2008, 10:00 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
I have been chatting with an online friend from Italy the other day about subtitles, trying to persuade him to do some subs- I suggested la pretora (as I would) as a fansub, anyhow with his translations - they might need a bit of ironing out (I don't mean to sound patronising to the guy but english is his second language and not first), anyhow he is looking at the subtitling software at the moment and I have taken a look at subtitle files and they are not that complex to set up. The guy is a major exploitation/horror fan.

anyhow if I could ask my mate if he wil help shameless out I will, though I am sure you have your own people almar,

thing is, there are titles that exist that are not available in english, either dub or sub, just a thought but I am sure that giallo collectors, italian sex comedy collectors (I adore fenech personally) would pick up titles with the sub treatment whre no version curently exists for the non italian speaking viewer.

its just an idea, but I ll drop the guy a line if you like, see if shameless and he can work something out.
Always open to more input Herman. I would love to give you all ****-off editions with DTS tracks, tin cases, multiple language options, extras to die for and more. It's just not possible but... as time goes on our product is improving as the numbers slowly creep up and it's all thanks to pressure from you guys.

We can usually get Italian audio and we have looked into subtitles but when you pay an authoring house to so the job it's very expensive. We could do it in-house but it's very time-consuming but it keeps rearing it's head with us and one future title has been potentially ear-marked for subtitles.

It's all a balancing act - a couple of months ago I would have said Shameless was not going to last past the first collection but with some very careful juggling we're talking seriously about the future and always about improvement but the fan input is very valuable from donating artwork to helping out with audio quality issues and more.