View Single Post
Old 20th May 2023, 12:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not so sure. Dog Soldiers, Trick r' Treat, Inside, Wrong Turn, House of 1000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects...

Not saying you are wrong Frankie, because it's all subjective but personally i think there were more in the 2000's than the 2010's and perhaps the 1990's.

For me the 2000's were a very productive decade.
I liked the 2000s in horror compared with the nineties, definitely. Well, they were certainly more interesting. Even so, I can't think of many films from then that really look like they'll stand the test of time in the same vein as 'Halloween' et al.
But yeah, it's funny how it is all so subjective at the end of the day. Out of that list you provide, I only really rate 'Inside' and 'Trick r Treat'. The RZ ones are 'just' good in my eyes, and I personally can't stand 'Dog Soldiers'! It irritates the f*ck out of me. Don't know why. It seems especially mystifying, considering it's held in such high regard by people whose opinions I respect. But I'll be the first to admit I have lousy taste when it comes to movies, which should be clear from my reviews!