View Single Post
Old 4th April 2010, 08:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Question

As first episode's with a new Doctor go I thought it was very average. I realise setting up the relationship between The Doctor and his travelling companion needs to be the focus, but the big bad was pointless and infantile. (CBBC definitely comes to mind.) Matt Smith is pretty out there, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned but I wonder how much of this will stay and how much is just down to his transformation still being completed. A few more episodes will tell, but first impressions are that Matt is potentially good, but he needs the stories to be a bit stronger and the aliens/monsters to be a bigger threat. I do like what they have done with the TARDIS, and Karen Gillian being a kiss-o-gram cop was quite amusing. I just felt the wedding dress was repeating previous ideas in a way. (Catherine Tate anyone?) It wasn't awful, but it didn't exactly blow me away either. I see the series has lined up a mix of old favourites and newbies for the Doctor to do battle with. I am looking forward to see what they do with the Weeping Angels as they are my favourite creation of the New Wave Doctor Who series so far. I'm just not going to build my hopes up too high at the moment. As for the "love" element, I just hope it is infatuation that will soon wear off.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!