View Single Post
Old 6th May 2010, 05:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
But as for the original, sorry BE, but I LUV the original. It's a great film, especially the uncut version. One of my fav video nasties (mind you, I do also luv Faces Of Death and I know a lot of people think that film is crap!).
I honestly found I Spit to be very boring. Also it was as if it had been directed and shot by a couple of 12 year olds too. This is coming from someone who likes their low budget, high violence exploitationers as much as the next asshole, but I just can't see what the fuss is about with I Spit. If it wasn't for the notoriety of the very long and fairly brutal rape, then it is my opinion that this film would have sunk to the bottom of the exploitation bin and for the most part, forgotten. Controversy = Recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Each to their own.
Definitely matey. Things would be very boring if we all had the same opinion about everything.

It will be interesting to see how the remake deals with the rape, and whether the story will be fleshed out at all, or whether it will stick to the formula of the original.

I also have to say that I predominantly lie in the camp of: "If it ain't broke don't fix it" when it comes to the whole remake situaution, and agree with Goji and Vince that they almost seem to dirty the original and are at times simply cash cows for studios to fund other mundane projects. The main problem is that remakes are popular with the majority of the cinema goers at the moment, and remakes are here to stay unless people stop wanting to watch them; it's supply and demand after all.

However, I am in no-man's land on this as, in my eyes the original I Spit was a pretty dire waste of celluloid, so maybe, just maybe, I'll find the remake to better than the original.

I also agree with what iluv said in the fact that you can never judge a film until you've seen it, you can however make educated assumptions about it based on reviews, trailers, the script, the cast, and the director...