View Single Post
Old 10th June 2008, 08:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I only have one version of it, the Studio Canal double dvd released years ago in the black and white slipcase. It has that extra with Lee and I think Anthony Schaffer or Robin Hardy being interviewed on some no budget American cable channel promoting the movie way back when. And when I say no budget American cable channel, it really was. Probably public access or something, there's a step ladder in the background and everything! But Lee is just a true professional, gets on with the job at hand.

Nice bit here from some online rag :

Quote:
Veteran actor EDWARD WOODWARD has vowed never to watch the 2006 remake of his thriller THE WICKER MAN - because it could never live up to the legacy of the original.
The 77-year-old star was baffled by the decision to modernise his 1973 horror, and insists he has no desire to watch Nicolas Cage take on his role as a policeman investigating strange occurances on a remote island.
He says, "I didn't watch it. I didn't feel like it. If it was a run-of-the-mill movie then fine. But The Wicker Man was very special and has claimed a cult following."