View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2010, 12:02 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

It's especially infuriating knowing that the BBFC have no legal obligation to cut these scenes from these films. Like Reaps says, they're playing God with people's business prospects. What other industry has their product crippled before going to market? The BBFC should get with the program - why is it in their email to me they said they have to consider the values of other countries/cultures when it comes to attiudes towards sexuality but they can't do this with films like this? These were shot in different territories (ie: not the UK) at a time of differing values and attitudes. For ****'s sake, it's a cat eating a ****ing mouse, it's what they do in the wild! That's one reason why people buy cats! It might not be pleasant to see, but nature can be very cruel.

The BBFC have come a long way, there's no denying that. But as I say time and time again, it's only now that we're catching up with the rest of the world, it's only taken us some 40 years to catch up. I can't believe how backwards this country can be sometimes. At least it's not as bad Germany, anyway.