View Single Post
Old 24th May 2010, 01:07 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
I'd like filmmakers to come up with something original for a change. Can't be that difficult really.
Haven't they discovered those strange places called 'libraries'? They're full of original material. Oh, sorry, I forgot that most Hollywood execs are illiterate or won't read anything if there's no pictures. (It's true - I was recently advised to get my script turned into a graphic novel, as execs are more likely to read it if there's pictures. I kid you not.)

This remake is even more pointless than most of the other remakes. This will probably just be cheap, lowest common-denominator, generic horror with none of the philosophy or attitude of the original. I'm not really a fan of rape/revenge movies, but I really felt that ISOYG was striving to convey the full horror of rape, which prior to seeing the film I'd never really given much thought to. So I guess that shows the power of the film to the uninitiated - and it made me think. Not many exploitation movies have made me do that - and it's also one of the few films to actually give me nightmares, it had a real impact on my psyche. If I disliked the notion of rape before seeing the film, then I positively loathed it after seeing it. Like I say, it made me pay attention to something I'd never really given much thought to.