View Single Post
Old 27th May 2010, 04:44 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Let's hope they come to their senses on what was a cut most of us agree was not only unneeded but could hurt a niche label's sales. I think it is also worth pointing out to the BBFC how many people here maintain that animal cruelty in any form is wrong, that if this was Cannibal Holocaust it would be a different story and that animals need our protection.

But when it is a cat eating a mouse, the sort of thing us cat owners see all too often, a cut of any sort is totally indefensible - especially when a man eating an octopus can be passed in Old Boy and a python digesting a lizard made it through Last Cannibal World!
Absolutely agree - this isn't a case of man's inhumanity to animals, it's simply a brief scene of an animal doing what it would anyway. I think it's a whole different thing entirely.

Anyway, good on the BBFC for agreeing to look again. Who said that writing to the BBFC would have no effect whatsoever? The fact that they're considering the cut again is quite a big deal, I think - even if they reach the same conclusion second time around. At least we've been heard and not been apathetic about it. Well done evrybody - and well done Arrow! We might not get what we want, but I think Arrow certainly got their attention.