View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 08:40 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post

the fact that so many people are willing to cast aside the new inferno disc for a brief cut is worrying, sales dictate the future of these releases and if it doesnt sell well then who knows what decisions will be taken by arrow in the future, i do not endorse censorship nor blind buying just for support however i do urge people to consider that sales of arrows release of inferno will be used as a gauge for future releases
I know you won't want to hear it but if Arrow don't release the titles in the UK then nobody will have any problems buying discs that are released in the US or in more sensible countries where censorship for adults is long gone.

Having had to tolerate BBFC interference throughout the 80's and some of the 90's has left marks on us long term film fans and we had to often look hard and spend high to obtain uncut tapes back then so even the most minor censor cut is something I will not tolerate.

But as I said , in their favour Arrow are putting together some incredible bonus packages which may sell the discs on their own and if its as good as it sounds I shall likely buy it even when the inevitable uncut version appears elsewhere , but I won't buy it when its a new release like I'm doing with the uncut films