View Single Post
Old 1st June 2010, 12:20 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Whilst I applaud how far the BBFC have come, their answers to my queries over the years have always been rather vague and ambiguous. When I asked them recently about their stance on sexual violence, and I Spit On Your Grave in particular, they replied with some garbled nonsense about how it might affect someone...somewhere...but they don't know who or why and have no actual evidence to back up these claims...but it *might* cause harm to some unkown individuals. I asked them to specifically state who was at risk and they couldn't answer me. Can anyone cite an actual case where someone has committed the crime of rape after watching a film like I Spit On Your Grave..? Their rationale on this kind of content is just as ridiculous as Ferman's insistence that The Exorcist wouldn't be passed uncut (or at all) on home video since *some random teenage girl* might watch it on TV in her bedroom and get disturbed by it. What a load of crap.

As for Inferno, I hope the BBFC will see sense. Cutting the scene achieves nothing and, as we've seen already, will cause a number of folks to boycott the release. I'd like to know how the BBFC can justify harming the prospects of UK businesses like this.