View Single Post
Old 1st June 2010, 03:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanyang Man View Post
Obviously, having been directly involved in the product it's in your best interest to promote the benefits of the product as it stands, and I can appreciate that. However, I haven't seen any member of these forums so far in either thread relating to the matter state categorically that anyone has to see the scene in question; all I've seen so far is people state their opinions and personal feelings, as well as disappointment over the fact that there has been a cut demanded, as well as put forward their personal preferences as consumers not to purchase a certain product for the reasons stated.

Having stated my own thoughts and feelings on the matter, and again not attempting to sway anyone one way or the other, I find it personally offensive as well as unprofessional that, as someone involved in the project (and thereby a representative of Arrow), you shold come out with the blanket statement that people like myself who are simply offering up alternate points of view are flagrant "liars" for expressing those points of view. So much for "friendly forums" -- offer a differnce of opinon, get told you're a "liar" and discredited for doing so. Wow...just like, wow...
First of all massive apologies if you felt this was directed towards anyone. It wasn't.

Second of all, no one has expressed they need to see the cut - they have just, rightly, explained some frustration with the BBFC. As I have stated - people should email the BBFC and tell them about their anger (which they have) and as I also explained earlier, I sympathise with those who want the most complete version of any film. I was merely maintaining for those who have not seen Inferno before that this cut will not be noticeable.

Thirdly, and I need to stress this too, I'm no more a representative of Arrow than Almar is. I'm employed on a freelance basis to do extra features on their DVDs and the opinion I gave was just mine. Equally, if I were to give an opinion on - say - SFX magazine (which I contribute to) it would be as a freelancer for them rather than as a direct employee.

Hope that is cleared up and, again, deeply sorry if my comment offended you.