Thread: Promo DVD
View Single Post
Old 16th June 2008, 07:35 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Or put it this way what would induce you to actually go to the effort of putting one in your player in this day and age? I'd be interested to see what Gore and the rest of you reckon.
I'd say it'd be a cost to far - the mags presumably charge pretty hefty prices for including a cover disc and then you've got the production, mastering, burning and packaging costs to deal with. I don't buy many mags these days - do they still run these sort of things? Plus what would you put on it? The trailers and some extended clips? Don't people expect full movies these days (I can't really see the Mail on Sunday queuing up to covermount Killer Nun somehow).

A slightly different tac would be to provide a free sampler to distribute in HMV etc - free with every horror DVD purchased. A point of sale sampler would potentially raise a lot of awareness.

Or another option - how about a Shameless magazine complete with covermounted disc. I think there's still room for fanzine style magazines which if they have good production values and with a prevailing wind could get distributed via Smiths, HMV etc. A one shot or even bi annual mag would be a good read - articles about each of the films, some general articles on Giallo and Italian exploitation etc.

But the big issue is that there are only so may hours in the day and I don't think Almar has many of them left - the poor fella seems to be scrambling around on cutting room floors trying to piece together The Designated Victim for us and as Shameless is basically a one man band that doesn't leave much time for the nice to haves.

"I'm saving your soul you ungrateful bitch!"
Night of the Demon