View Single Post
Old 6th June 2010, 11:41 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
I completely agree with you on that one. Diary was an intelligent and well made 'found footage' movie that really works for me. Land was a nicely made zombie movie that was unmistakably Romero although the usual political and social subtext was more overt there than in any other of his zombie movies. Survival was just a mess, I mean a feud between rival Irish clans? What the hell was all that about? If it was made by anyone else that George A. Romero, we would have been saying that it was okay, but nothing special, but as a Romero zombie film comes with a certain expectation, it just made a poor film seem even worse.
Like said many times and even in my review, Survival seems like an unfinished Film, it has a begining and and End but no middle, it seems to have been rushed out, 88 minutes long?, it the shortest Romero film, but what we did get was good, sure it's not on par with Diary or Land but neither of them are anywhere near as good as night, Dawn and Day. i'll continue supporting Romero and his zombies because hell he's Romero.

This is how i rate his new film....

Land
Diary
Survival