View Single Post
Old 11th June 2010, 07:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Follow That Camel
A strange "Carry On" that had the two words missing from the opening credits in the same way "Don't Lose Your Head" did. Strange in the way that it cast Phil Silvers in a leading role that was originally written for Sid James. Thankfully Phil Silvers doesn't bring the film down too much and the fact that a lot of the well established Carry On players are present helps a great deal. Basically this is a funny parody of the foriegn legion films. 'Nuff said.

Ninja Squad
This is one of those cut and paste films by Godfrey Ho that is so bad it's almost good. There are just so many unintentionally funny things going on you can't not have some admiration. I love the coloured head bands that all have the word "Ninja" printed on them. (Despite the fact that Ninja's should remain invisible by stealth.) My favourite line, "You were born a Ninja and you will die a Ninja". is delivered so straight...... and there was dumb old me thinking that you trained hard for many years to become a Ninja?

Dead And Buried
It has been quite a few years since I watched this last. I wasn't overly impressed then and my feelings really haven't changed that much. Very few of the gore effects are convincing and the film just has no atmosphere or tension for me. The syringe in the eye still makes me cringe, possibly more due to my needle phobia that anything else, but that's about it.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!