View Single Post
Old 14th June 2010, 07:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

An "Evil Dead" remake has been on the horizon every now and then over the last 10 years, only to disappear from the radar whenever things seem to get more serious.
While it's one of the very few defining horror classics from the 80's still lacking a "redux", I have a feeling that this one might not happen after all- because the "remake wave"- as well as the "strong horror boom" in the mainstream- is slowly but surely going down; it might not seem like that right now with a new title arriving every other week, but I don't think we'll see many more projects being announced, with not even all of the already mentioned potential "remakes" actually getting made after all, like the sometimes proposed "Silent Night, Deadly Night" redux.
We're right now at the highest mark of the "horror remake tide"- it can and will only go down from here imho, with the disappointing/mediocre box-office of many of the recent upgrades and "strong horror" entries only proving my point.

Personally, I wouldn't be so much against an "Evil Dead" remake, BUT I can only really see this work if they get a wild Japanese filmmaker like Miike and give him the needed artistic freedom to cut loose.