View Single Post
Old 24th June 2010, 07:55 AM
Cultist

Default The Films of Werner Herzog

I don't understand why you've been avoiding Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans. It's a fantastic film - I've seen it three times already and everyone I've taken with me to see it, and everyone who I've recommended go see it, has loved it too. Have faith in Herzog - it's every bit as bizarre, quirky and engaging as any of his films and is beautifully shot and crafted. If anything it's a little too long but that's not a major problem. The last time I saw it was in a packed Friday night showing at Cineworld in Glasgow - who'd have thought Herzog would be selling out mainstream cinemas in the UK in 2010?

The man is a genius. My Herzog favourites would have to be Aguirre, Fitzcaraldo, The Enigma Of Kaspar Hauser and the mighty documentary My Best Fiend. I'm also a big fan of Grizzly Man and Rescue Dawn too.

Nearly got to work with him while he was over shooting Incident At Loch Ness but was on another job - bugger! One of the camera assistants I know went to work on it and said he's every bit as eccentric as you'd expect. A true legend!

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com