View Single Post
Old 24th June 2010, 12:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
the famous Stephen King quote; "A Black Rainbow of Terror" or something similar.
The only thing wrong with TEDII, for me was the make-up effects. They looked too rubbery.
AOD went too far down the comedy route for my liking. It's entertaining but far removed from the original tone.
"The ultimate experience in gruelling terror!" according to King way back when. Maybe TED is not quite that scary now but still capable of delivering the jolts imo.

As with the first film some of the sequel's FX have stood the test of time and some haven't. When the Deadites are damaged or destroyed i still prefer watching the blood lossage of TED instead of the coloured body fluids of Raimi's riotous follow-up. Some of TEDII is no doubt darkly funny but i personally would've kept it all hardcore horror. I do admit though some of Dan Hicks' onscreen suffering is hilarious.

"Get the axe, we'll kill it when it comes back!".

I agree about AOD and the movie's dismal failure at the box-office seems to suggest other fans wanted more scares and splatter rather than daftness and dust. The third entry is quite entertaining if taken as a horror comedy in it's own right. But as an addition to TED canon Raimi's calamitous combo of stop-motion and slapstick just doesn't cut the mustard imo.