View Single Post
Old 27th June 2010, 07:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default THE BURNING/Tom Savini

hi all,what are your thoughts on the burning and/or tom savini?
personally i think the burning is a great film.watched it when i was a kid and some 25yrs later it is still one of my faves! definately up there with the likes of friday,evil dead and tcm.
i believe thorn emi released this uncut by mistake,then had to remove it off the shelves?
years later,before dvd came about it was re released on vhs and i got it the very same day! but it was a cut version!think about 34 secs were missing?

then when dvd came out and i finally got a dvd player this was one of many replacements. however i got the vipco version,and as you may know many of there films are stated as being uncut,but they aint! but my copy of the burning does actually seem to be uncut? if you know different please advise.
it had a good soundtrack,good camera work { loved the killers pov },great effects and a good if not done many times story.
i am so glad they havent done a sequel/prequel and hope it never gets remade!
i bet theres not many people with a machete,chainsaw or old tape recorder in there shed,but garden shears? all of us?
i know of only 4 films where savini has starred,dawn of the dead,dusk till dawn,forest of fear and maniac but is there any more?