View Single Post
Old 19th July 2010, 01:12 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
OH MY GOD! You've just jogged my memory of the Fighting Fantasy books. As a child I had about 10 or so books of Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone, (they're the creators of Games Workshop by the way) including that original Creature of Havoc copy.
I'm so going to have to buy some of these again, I loved them sooooo much!
'Warlock of Fire Top Mountain' and 'City of Thieves' were always my fave as a nipper.

Just finished a book called 'Confederacy of Dunces' by John Kennedy Toole. The author committed suicide when he couldn't get it published in the 60's. Finally years later it did and It's brilliant.

Read three Philip K Dick books in a row before this one, all very good but still think 'Scanner Darkly' is the best of his. 'Flow my tears the Policeman said' is another one I really like by him though.

I seem to get stuck on one author for ages and read through all their books which is cool until you run out.. Read alot of Haruki Murikami books in a row which are all great but they sort of merged into one after the first few so will have to read some of them again sometime.